Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nothing much

Haven't had time for much rocketry stuff lately. Got a couple more Econojets and 29/180 reloads programmed into my sim program, though, and I'll be rewriting it soon to use strings, so you just enter the motor code instead of going through menus. It'll save space and be a lot faster. Currently it's near 7kb and pretty fast, but I think I can add about 10 more motors, get it down to say 6k and about 20% faster with a little rewriting. Those For( and While loops I added to replace Goto/Lbl loops helped a lot, although I do need to cut down on the memory leaks caused by exiting those loops with a Goto. After the rewriting for those things, plus a bit of improvement to the opening and closing animations, my next big project will be to import my combination rocket drawing and CP calc software into the program, and modify that for perfection. Stuff like having the code for drawing an ogive nose actually drawing a circle-based ogive rather than a simply-to-graph square root curve.

Someday you will die somehow and something's gonna steal your carbon. -- Issac Brock

The above is a lyric in 'Parting of the Sensory' and although like most Modest Mouse lyrics is completely nonsensical, it also has some truth in that after you die, most likely all the processed organic-molecule in your carbon will be reused by another organism. Interesting.

must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

(The Litany Against Fear from Dune. I have almost memorized it.)

Currently reading: SSN by Tom Clancy. An interesting discussion of submarine warfare and more accessable than his other, much thicker works.

One final note: sorry my blogging has been light over the past week. I've had some nasty allergies - fortunately not the much-over-hyped and dreaded swine flu, but ordinary spring allergies brought on by a sudden warming spell. I've got constant headaches, coughing, runny nose, and a sore throat (and funny gravelly voice), but fortunately not a fever or rigor mortis. I've been taking Zyrtec and generic Diphenhydramine HCl (antihistamines). However, I get major results - 12 hours of full effects - on half a 4-6 hour dose, including drowsiness, and delayed photosensitivity. For 10-20 minutes 4-8 hours after I take it, I suddenly cannot open my eyes because everything is too bright. Aparently this is a common side effects on first-generation antihistamines.

1 comment:

mandachan said...

fail. just epic fail. and i laugh at your inability to take antihistamines and not get stoned.