Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Big motor casings

My 29/180 and 29/240 casings and closures came in today. Damn they are big! The 180Ns case just barely fits into the Mozzie with a 1" spacer. Fortunately, unlike the 24/40 system, the ejection charge is contained inside the divot in the front of the forward closure and not in a cap sticking further out.

Again, drop me a line if you're interested in the 240Ns case, or if you've got a spare forward seal disk to sell / give me.

A few ideas of the size of these:
  • The forward closure weighs the same as a D12.

  • The aft closure weighs the same as a C6, or the same as the empty 24/40 system with closures.

  • The 24/40 case, including the flared aft closure, fits entirely inside the empty motor cases and slides freely.

  • Combined, a D12, C6, A10, and MMX do not quite equal the length of the 240Ns case alone.


yadda yadda yadda.

1 comment:

lucas said...

Hello, I was reading through your posts about your new casings and I have to say, I agree, the larger 29mm motors get quite long, and they can pack quite a punch too. I have been looking for a replacement 29/240 for a while now to replace mine that I lost in a rocket a few months back. Can you email me at lkal(at)pa.net and maybe we can work out a deal if you'd like to get rid of it. Thanks. Make sure you let us know how you like the larger 29mm motors!