Sunday, January 10, 2010

What I'm listening to

I've been listening to quite a bit of music lately, prolly because I have lots of homework, and music helps me survive history outlines that take till 2 am.

Classic Rock:
Magical Mystery Tour - The Beatles
IV {unamed album} - Led Zeppelin - some of the most epic songs in rock
The Wall - Pink Floyd
Who's Next - The Who
Little Queen - Heart
Best of Bowie - David Bowie
Vital Signs - Survivor - one of my favorite albums
The Best of Classic Rock - a mix CD featuring, among others: Bad Company, Nazareth, Head East, Peter Frampton, Foghat, Blue Oyster Cult, Foreigner, The Cars, Eddie Money, Cheap Trick, .38 Special, Red Rider, Billy Idol, Scorpions, and Whitesnake

Trans-Siberian Orchestra:
The Lost Christmas Eve
Beethoven's Last Night
The Christmas Attic

Indie Rock:
We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank - Modest Mouse - the album that introduced me to indie rock, and still some of the best I've heard
Neon Bible - The Arcade Fire - absolutely mindblowing. Incredible variety and talent, and it gets better every time I listen to it.

2 comments:

@eloh said...

The music of the late 60's and eariler 70's is timeless.

I wonder sometimes how it would have been when I was a kid to have rocked out with my folks,,, like when I crank up Zeppelin till the windows rattle.

It must be a horrible sight for young people to see us old hippies rockin out with the white hair...

I'll take Ozzy from his Sabbeth days on...sometimes I think he is in worse shape than I am.

Best all around album (just my opinion) Through the Past Darkly by the Stones.

tori said...

you're classic rock is what I loved as a teen (and it was "before" my time--I'm not that old) but now I'm totally an "alternative gal". Love Modest Mouse! and Muse and Chevelle and Incubus and Death Cab for Cutie...I could go on and on. check some of them out if you don't know them. :)