Tuesday, January 26, 2010

If this is a bad day, then I have it pretty good

It's almost 11:30 at night, and I'm dead tired. I've got a page or more to write for English (about the Puritans) plus the entire second act of The Crucible to read. It'll be nearly 1 before I get to sleep, so I'll get just 5 hours of sleep. And I won't even get done the stuff due Friday that I really need to work on, and I have a verb test in Spanish that I haven't studied for. Plus I have a runny nose and headache.

But, The Crucible isn't too bad - it's modern English, easy to understand, and the characters are fully explained by the author. I'll have plenty of time the next two days, hopefully, to work on everything and get caught up. Assuming I survive till the weekend, I'll have two days and little to do, so I can get ahead on homework, catch up on my reading list, and maybe get some building done on the Viper IV if it comes soon.

As for the sickness, the decongestant I took earlier is helping a lot, and I'll take an antihistamine tonight which'll help me sleep well and feel better. Ironically, I think it's the stress of all this homework and the lack of sleep that's contributing to my feeling sick and tired and just generally apathetic.

On the other hand, even though this is dragging me down, it's making me realize how fortunate I am, to have a nice family and friends and live in a country with good education, and to have a roof over my heads. And electricity back too, though it took 23 hours so let's not talk about that...

No comments: