Sunday, November 30, 2008

New York, New York.....

We went on a bus trip to New York City yesterday. It was great except for getting up at 5:30 to go. We were dropped off at 10:15 outside the Winter Garden theater, home of "Mamma Mia", which we saw 2 years ago. We walked down to the Empire State Building but we didn't go up to the top because the line was ridiculously long. As we were leaving, an unmarked black van pulled up and an officer in bulletproof vest and helmet stepped out carrying an M16 / M4 automatic rifle. Seriously. We walked a few blocks away, just in case. We ate a light lunch at Starbucks ( one of several hundred on the island) and headed uptown. We watched the Zamboni at the ice rink for a mi nute, then headed to Radio City Music Hall for the show. The place is amazing. The lobby has a huge chandelier about 30 feet tall. The hall itself is huge - I could probably fly my Transwing on a B6-2 in there. The show was great and I am extremely jealous of the Rockettes' abilities to do perfect column turns. Afterwards, we walked to the UN complex. We went inside and I saw a model of Sputnik - very cool. We had dinner at 'Burger Heaven.' Interestingly, we've eaten at a place called 'Cheeseburgers in Paradise' in St. Croix. We watched "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" which was mildly amusing and very crude humor.
Overall, a great day.

3 comments:

mandachan said...

christmas vacation is probably the best christmas movie EVER.
although, i went to see four christmases yesterday and that was pretty good too.

Ellie said...

I go to 'Burger Heaven' for lunch whenever I go to work with my dad. You probably don't know, but did you go to the one near the American Girl Place? That's the one I usually go to but I have been to a couple of others.

The EGE said...

We went to the one on E 49th, I think. It was maybe 10 or 15 minutes from the UN building.