Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Really not much to add here

But I promised a post a day, so you go. Even though I wrote one at 1230 this morning, it doesn't feel much like the same day 23 hours later.

The third set of first-round fillets on the Mach Goon is currently drying. The fillets are turning out pretty small, so I'll alternate fillets and coating the entire rocket till I've got 3 fillets and 2 layers of wood glue. That should be enough to hold it together through Mach 1.1.

I just took a practice test for the SAT II Math level 2 test. It wasn't spectacularly hard, but I did make a few stupid mistakes, that I normally would have caught by checking over my answers, but I didn't because I got bored of it after finishing all the questions but one. Why have I gone through every math class offered in my school system, up to and including being halfway through AP calculus, and I never learned matrix multiplication? Xi niu quinwa cao de liumung.

4 comments:

@eloh said...

I thought you might like to see this.

http://monte-carlo-daily-photo.blogspot.com/2009/12/amazing-tesla.html

mandachan said...

you do realize what kind of town we live in right? the education budget isn't all that spectacular.
and i have no idea what that last line said but i'm sure it involved swearing.

Laura said...

Mandachan, the last line was chinese for "frog-humping son of a bitch". I am extremely proud of him for learning it.

The EGE said...

Eloh: cool link. If I had the euros I'd get one too.

Laura: not just frog-humping son of a bitch. Cow-sucking frog-humping son of a bitch.