Monday, December 7, 2009

An Apology

Because I've been pretty lax on posting lately - for the last month, really. I've skipped a few days in the last month, and many days have been short posts, a few without any real content.

Basically, junior year is catching up with me. For the first month or two, most of what we were doing in class was review. I was able to stay ahead with little work, and I had lots of spare time for blogging. Recently, my classes have been entering new territory. I'm learned something new in calculus every single day (as I should be), chemistry is getting harder, and history is moving into the Vietnam War era which I'm not too familiar with. I'm spending 2 or 3 hours every night on homework, and that's a lot of time that I'm not blogging and not finding cool stuff on the interwebs. Add my job and a few extracurricular activities, and I don't have a lot of time. Mandachan is experiencing the same problem, only to a lesser degree because she has a bit more common sense than I do, plus she has the natural advantage of being cooler than I am.

Blogging isn't the only thing that's suffering for me. I'm sleeping only 4 to 6 hours a night, which is starting to catch up with me. My grades aren't slipping, but I find myself less able to complete calculus homework late at night, and I'm not practicing my trumpet nearly as much as I should be. I may even have lost a friend, though I'm really hoping we can patch things together.

Fortunately, not all is lost. My history thesis paper is done and over with, which gets a lot of stress and expended time off my back and will hopefully bring some stability to my history grade. I'm beginning to manage calculus a little better, and my time management skills are slowly improving. I'm also getting better at staying sane on little sleep, and Chrsitmas break is just 16 days away. The occasional snow day will certainly help me out a great deal with the extra time, extra sleep, and stress-free day without homework to do.

So, my promise to you remains the same. I will do my damndest to get a new post up here every day, and most of them will be more witty, insightful, and full of information. A few here and there will be worthless go-se, but even more will have pictures, odd yet insightful ramblings, links to other folks, and just plain cool information. A lot will be just before and after midnight, but there'll be at elast one per calender day, often more.

As always, I really appreciate the comments all you folks have be leaving lately. It's what makes all this work worthwhile.

1 comment:

@eloh said...

A lot of people do post everyday. I have no idea how. I can't keep up with daily posts.

I am curious what is being taught in the schools about the Vietnam "Conflict". It can be very interesting, especially for the who (Which U.S. President) did what and the reasons why.

I hope they start back in the 1940's with the implications of WWII and China.

Richard Nixon is the only President that allowed the US military to actually "fight" a war, though briefly. We were not "allowed" to fight to win.

I'll keep catching your posts as best I can.