Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas!

I had an very nice Christmas; I hope all of you did too.

I got a Quest MLAS kit from my TRF Secret Santa; I plan to add nose weight to be able to fly it on motors larger than B^s, since it'd be a perfect match to 18/20 D13 reloads.

My parents gave me an Apogee Heli-roc kit. It looks to be difficult but fun. I like kits that don't use parachutes on streamers, though the three chutes on the MLAS look to be way cool.

My aunt and uncle got me a gift certificate to Apogee, which I'll definitely use to add a new rocket to my collection. Those possibilities will be next post.

I also got a number of books:
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Aubrey Niffenegger (awesome novel)
  • The Design of Everyday Things by Donald A. Norman
  • The Physics of Star Trek by Lawrence M. Krauss
  • MLA handbook, 7th ed.
  • The Illustrated Guide to Aerodynamics
  • Illustrated Reverse Dictionary


I also got lots of candy and some other random items, plus a gift certificate to a local hobby shop.

Sorry, @eloh, but I didn't get a digital camera.

4 comments:

@eloh said...

Oh, well, maybe for your birthday... or next Christmas.

Laura said...

what? no mention of my gift to you? or manda's for that matter?

mandachan said...

yeah! no mention of our awesome presents? not even the encyclopedia of immaturity which you needed so very, very badly? well :P to you!

The EGE said...

Sorry Laura, I was really sleepy last night and forgot a few non-rocketry things.