- The SpaceShipOne is still on hold until I can get white spray paint.
- The upper stage of my 2-stage MMX rocket is lost. Staging failed yesterday with a new upper stage, so this rocket is dead.
- The Flaming Hat of Death is on Hiatus. It's currently being replaced by an Art Applewhite saucer, which I'll use for my NAR Jr. L1 cert - next post.
- Serenity is my next project. I'm downscaling it to a 16cm long MMX rocket made from two easter eggs. No side motors.
- My 18mm machbuster - "Mach My Day" - is complete and will launch on November 15th on a D21-7T motor. It's risky, but I feel lucky.
- The orion shuttle is on long-term hiatus as well. A man's just got to know his limitations.
- Now that I've simulted that Mach my Day will indeed reach Mach, I don't need a 24mm machbuster now.
- I bought an Estes Comanche-3 the other day. I painted and decaled it today. It's a 3-stage rocket 41" high. IF you load it up with a full engine load, and I won't, AND you sand airfoils into the fins - I didn't, it can go half a mile high.
- My Cloud Hopper, a short (~8") and fat (1.3") rocket that looks like a rabbit. It's a modified Baby Bertha kit with the hopper built from 1970s plans. I used extra tubing and some steel wool to make an ejection baffle so I don't have to use ejection wadding.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Update on 'future' rockets
In the 18 days since my list of my 'future' rockets, I've done a lot of building:
Labels:
Model Rockets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment