Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Yet another motor order!

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Hobbylinc, because their prices are cheap than anywhere else, and they don't charge extra for HAZMAT. For 82 bucks, including shipping, I got:

Practical stuff:
48" red and orange streamers. Good for rocket up to 3 ounces, like Machbusters. And they were 69¢ apiece.
Aerotech Interlock igniter clip, for dealign with those bloody Copperheads
1 bag of recovery wadding

Motors:
1/2A3-4T (4)
A10-3T (4)
B6-2 (3)
B6-4 (3)
B6-6 (3)
E23-8T: for my 29/40-120 case. Not a load I would normally choose since it's a Blue Thunder and 29mm E loads are usually expensive, but it was on sale for a price comparible to 24mm E loads.
G53-5FJ: for the same case. The exact load I wanted, and it was on sale. Perfect for the Nike-Apache sometime.

Goonies!
3 Baby Bertha kits. One will become the Nike Goon, another the Mach Goon, and another to be determined. Possibly a Saturn V goon?
48" of 38mm tubing. For the motor mount of the Mach goon, and then I'll have 43" left over for whatever.

There was still more stuff I was tempted to get. Their 24mm reloads are dirt cheap, as are 24/60 cases. As soon as Aerotech brings out more 24/60 loads, I'll snatch one up.

Blogging will be light for a few days, likely, as I'll be staying for a few days at a friend's house where getting the internet requires finding an unsecured wireless network, or treking back here after school.

2 comments:

R2K said...

Do you fly at METRA often? You may be the first person I know from blogging and the internet whom I have met in person, other than my college friends who already knew me.

The EGE said...

I've only flown there once, at NERRF 5. I don't remember meeting you there - do you remember me?