Did not go so well. We were up against Fitch, who are in the next larger division above us, and our perennial rivals in every. single. friggin' sport.
I did not play well. Sloppy shot after sloppy shot - into the net, wide, long, repeat. I had some good shots, but I just wasn't hitting with power, and my opponent was. He also didn't quite play fair; there were several shots that double-bounced on his side - my point - that he denied, two of which cost me games. I lost the first set 3-6 but should have won; I lost the second set 0-6, and even if I had won the first set he still would have probably won the match.
The team lost 2-5; only #2 singles and #1 doubles won. Rahul at #1 singles and Matt at #3 both hung on for 3 long sets but just couldn't pull it off. The team is now at 3-2, but two of our nastiest matches are behind us (we play both Bacon and Fitch again, but those are at home and I believe we can win those) and we have 3 easy matches next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment