Friday, April 30, 2010

Sixth and Seventh Matches

Sixth match was Wednesday against Windham. Due to the nasty weather, I hadn't played since last Friday, so I was a bit rusty. I had a tough time of it, but I won 6-4 6-2, and the rain even held off. The team won 4-3.

Seventh match was yesterday against Woodstock. Very windy - gusts of over 50 at times. I was playing against a guy with a better serve and groundstrokes than I, but he wasn't used to the wind like I was. First set I won 6-1, then the wind died down and we were back-and-forth for the second set which he won 7-5. Then, the wind picked up against and the ibuprofen finally kicked in - my left leg was hurting for unknown reasons, but is better now - just as we started a third set. I didn't know how long I could keep running on my leg, but he fell apart pretty quickly and I won the set 6-0. 6-1 5-7 6-0 makes for a very weird score.

The team won that match 6-1. Team is now 5-2; I'm 5-1 on singles and 0-1 on doubles. I've won in every match that the team has won and lost in every that the team has lost.

No comments: