Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Updated Copyright Information

My work is now under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Sharealike 3.0 unported licence.

I even have a handy little infographic:
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Basically what this means is:

If you want to copy small portions of text - quoted - for informational, parody, or other noncommercial uses, you are allowed to, with a few limits.

Number one, you must attribute it to me, The EGE, with a link to amateurgeek.blogspot.com . Can't claim it as your own, and you have to make clear what's mine.

Number two, sharealike. That means that if you want to use my information or pictures, I ask that you release the work under some sort of similar licence. If you're going to borrow my work, I would like you to allow others to do the same with yours.

Third, it has to be noncommercial. If you are using it for any purpose in a for-profit company, or if you are getting paid for whatever you're using the information in, or if you get paid for putting ads on the website / blog you wish to use my stuff on, let me know first. I'll probably say yes.

Fourth: this is not required, but if you're gonna link to me or use something I wrote, drop me a line. Thanks.

No comments: