Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Copyright Notice

I realize that traffic here is almost nil, as is the opportunity or need to steal my work. I reconnize that at present only one person regularly visits my blog. However, in light of the recent news that Google Knol pages are being used to steal others work and are favored in google's pagerank / pigeonrank algorithm, I am posting this as a permanent copyright notice. This is my work and my intellectual property.

Here are the general guidelines:
  • If you want to link to my blog, great! Just drop me a line with a comment so i can return the favor.
  • If you want to use any information from my blog or speadsheets for personal, noncommercial use, then feel free. Please leave a comment for feedback.
  • If you want to link to one of my spreadsheets on google docs, please include a link to my blog. Just drop me a line with the form below so I can return the favor.
  • If you want to use exact quotes from my blog or spreadsheets, please use the form below to contact me before doing so. Generally, all I ask is a link here and mention that the material is not yours.
  • If for some strange reason you actually want to cite information (on the off chance it goes into a wikipedia article), let me know and I'll work out the citation.
  • If you want to use any information from my blog or spreadsheets for ANY commercial purpose, let me know BEFORE you use it. Thanks.
  • If you want to use this copyright notice for your own blog/site, fine. This copyright notice, ironically, is now public domain.

Just covering all the bases.

For contacting me, please refer to this page.

EDIT: updated copyright information is here

1 comment:

mandachan said...

but i already put a link for your blog in mine so is that ok? if not, too bad.
and who'd want to steal your info anyway? :)

still mad about those dang trades (manny going to the dodgers, moss and hansen to the pirates, pudge to the yankees... glad my boys aren't goin' anywhere)