Friday, December 30, 2011

On a train...

And yet I'm blogging. We're heading to my cousin's wedding in Washington, D.C., which is a seven-hour drive from home. There's no way my grandparents would be okay with spending that long in a cramped minivan, so we're taking the train.

Amtrak happens to be a lot nicer way to travel than airlines. No ridiculous security theater, more footroom, no turbulence, free outlets - and free wi-fi. This isn't the first time I've used wi-fi on a train, but it's the longest Amtrak trip I've used it on.

So now I'm blogging from a moving train, just south of Philadelphia. The wi-fi isn't bad - Blogger works okay - but Wikipedia is slow and there's no chance of enough bandwidth to upload photos. So I'll be taking this chance to work on a huge map I've been working on that encompasses the entire MBTA district.

No comments: