Thursday, April 28, 2011

Macbeth Essay

Long and frustrating, though it's going well. A practice run for our senior critique / thesis paper, if you will. It's frustrating trying to read literary criticism, but I just have to remind myself that this is the last literature-analysis class I will take. (My only English classes at BU focus on communication in engineering and the writing of scholarly papers).

And, it's not all bad. I get to use multiple layers of nested parentheses (which are lots of fun (especially when you get to 2 and 3 interweaving layers)); semicolons are also in abundance in my writing. And Shakespeare does have neat things to say sometimes; who could remain unmoved by Lady Macbeth's command for the spirits to “unsex me here, / and fill me from the crown to the toe top-full / Of direst cruelty” (1.5.48-50).
 
Back to work...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oooh lit crit, fun times. Now go read literary criticism in your second language about a work you read in your second language ;P Good luck with Macbeth in any case :)