Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Laurence Philomène

So, I read a lot of things on the internet. At last count, I read eleven webcomics, four forums, and at least seven blogs on a daily basis, and that's before I start reading Dark Roasted Blend again. And I tend to get linked to other blogs by those blogs, and linked again, and so on.

Today, I got linked to something (possibly a photograph of National Geographic Channel floating a house with balloons a la Up), which linked me to a photography site, and on said site I found a page about Laurence Philomène, a 16 (now 17) year old photographer in Montreal.

I'm not normally an artsy person, but there is something really neat about her pictures. They're offbeat, haunting, and very impressive. Take a few minutes and port through her Flickr, or the giant-scale images on her website.

No comments: