Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Eight Birds with One Stone

I had possibly the most productive errand trip today. (Errands? Dang, I am getting old.)

I went to the bank. Boring, but entirely necessary.

I got Chinese food (Asian beef > American beef) and ate it with mandachan.

We planned our secret project.

I went to Staples and bought a new USB drive. I always keep a USB drive in my pocket (for transferring data, and to always have a portable version of Firefox and Tor), but my old one broke. This one is neat and retractable, so it won't break. It's 4 gigabytes - and cost me only eight dollars. That's five hundred megabytes per dollar. In 1993, the year I was born, a dollar bought you a 1.44 megabyte floppy disk.

Then, I went to Union Station in New London to pick up my ticket; I'm visiting BU next week. I get to ride the Acela; how cool is that?

I went to Lee' Toy and Hobby in Groton. I bought packs on B6-4, C6-3, and D12-5 motors, plus thick superglue for repairs.

I also bought materials for a small part of the secret project.

Then, I went to work.

And now I'm home, avoiding homework.

No comments: