Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Best birthday weekend ever

On Friday, I had a solo in Jazz Band. I was bored and wanted to be different, so I made a tie out of duct tape. I don't have a picture, but it turned out pretty well. I also got a package from my aunt - a handmade Jayne hat, made to match the hat from Firefly down to the stitch. It is a cunning hat, and I love it.

On Saturday, I got up early with my dad to go skiing. We drove up to Okemo; on the way, he slipped in a CD and played me Alice Cooper's "I'm Eighteen" - appropriate given that is was my eighteenth birthday. We had a great day at Okemo - 22 runs, many of them on an uncrowded section of the mountain with good trails and a fast, uncrowded lift. I turned eighteen shortly after arriving home. My mom made a delicious berry trifle, and I was given two fractal t-shirts and two bags of candy. I also found out that I won a vintage Boston T publicity booklet (with cool images) via a trivia contest on a railroad forum.

Yesterday, mandachan took me out to a delicious dinner at an Indian restaurant. I had a delicious lamb korma (lamb chunks in a yellow cashew sauce). mandachan (yes, it's lowercase even when beginning a sentence) then surprised me with tickets to the Dropkick Murphys concert at the Sun. The concert was absolutely fantastic (and extremely loud).

No comments: