Sunday, December 26, 2010

Nerdy Christmas Loot

Thanks to my family and friends, I had a wonderful Christmas, and I got some really awesome presents.

I got nine books, almost a whole linear foot:
  • by Richard Feynman: The Pleasure of Finding Things Out, Six Easy Pieces and Perfectly Reasonable Deviations From the Beaten Path
  • Transit Maps of the World - a collection of subway and metro maps, showing how they evolved over time to become the iconic works they are today
  • Earth From Above: 365 days
  • The Math Book - a collection of 250 milestones in mathematics, with really cool stuff
  • 62 Projects to Make with a Dead Computer
  • Historical Atlas of North American Railroads
  • Finding Serenity: Anti-Heroes, Lost Shepherds, and Space Hookers in Joss Whedon's Firefly - a brilliant collection of critical essays about my favorite show.

I also got a bunch of really awesome stuff:

  • Firefly and Sherlock Holmes on DVD
  • Several pounds of twizzlers
  • A really nice pocketknife, with a neat saw and a few other attachments
  • A very weird alarm clock
  • A Estes scale Patriot rocket kit - more about that later
  • "Define interesting" t-shirt - a Firefly joke

My favorite, though, was my sister's present - this awesome Ada Lovelace shirt.

No comments: