Monday, December 27, 2010


I got a Quest MLAS scale kit for my TRF Secret Santa gift last year. I'm finally starting to build it, mainly because I finally feel ready for the challenge. It's a very difficult kit - foam parts, not a huge amount of structural strength, and of course very finicky stability. Plus, I want to get a good paint job on it.

But, I've crossed that cardboard Rubicon. I started assembling the motor mount and the nose cone yesterday. So far, so good. I'll have more later; looks like we're going to be snowed in a bit.

1 comment:

Dick said...

Keep us up to date. Although I can't imagine how I overbuilt it, mine was not stable on a B6. I added some weight in the field and it flew well on a C6. I since retrofitted the rocks and chewing gum with a metal washer.