Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Well, that was strange

This morning, as I'm driving to school, I get a call from mandachan. I pull over and pick it up, but the connection's bad, and all I hear is 'accident'. I get back on the road, but when I come to the first major intersection in town, there is a minivan in the middle of the intersection.

On fire.

There were flames about three feet high coming from the engine block. There was also a large white truck off to one corner, and what I think was an unmarked cop car with lights. Fortunately, at that point the cop was still letting traffic by.

As I got about half a mile away, I heard sirens and I pulled over to let two fire trucks, an ambulance, and three more cop cars by.

As it turns out, mandachan was just approaching the intersection when it happened. The minivan apparently ran a red light and struck the truck, then spun around. Fortunately, the neither driver was seriously injured, and the minivan driver got out before the flames. I'm sure it'll be all over the news tomorrow morning. Scary stuff.

No comments: