Saturday, November 13, 2010

Building and Priming

Finally finished building the Nell. Well, mostly. I still need to attach the launch lugs, but I'm not sure about those - I will probably add them after painting. But I filled every single nook and cranny with a little fillet of glue, repaired the broken tube completely.

It was, amazingly, 62 degrees out, so I primed the lower half of the Nell. It was a bit windy, so I didn't get a great coat, so it's a start.

I've also been working on the Transwing. It'a already built, and a successful glider that gets 30-second flights on C6-3s. But I want to make it better. I'm repairing the wingtips - one I cut too short and barely stays under the flap that holds it down during boost, and the other has a chuck out of it from a hard landing.

I'm also sanding the wings smoother and redoing the hinge joints. Nothing major, and mostly mechanical rather than aesthetic, but they should add up to a slightly better boost and a somewhat improved glide. I want to beat 1 minute on a C6-3, then 2 minutes on a D13 at NERRF next year.

No comments: