Sunday, June 20, 2010

Getting Ready for Licence Test

Now that I have an appointment for my licence test, I'm practicing specially for it. I have to pay attention to maintaining a speed just barely below the speed limit (less flexible than normal driving), stopping *exactly* on stop lines (rather than just past for better visibility), and nailing park jobs. You have to back in practically perfectly to get your licence.

To that end, I'll be using my sister's car. It's a tiny Honda Civic, versus the Odyssey van that I usually end up driving. The spots for test takers at the DMV are just 8 feet, 8 inches between the lines. The van is 7 feet wide; the car is 5' 7". That extra 17 inches makes backing in between the lines a lot easier.

1 comment:

mandachan said...

pansy. i took mine in the escape and did just fine.

and your park job doesn't have to be perfect, nor so on the first try. as long as you're between the lines or correct yourself so you're between the lines, you'll be fine.

and hey, you should enjoy driving the speed limit, it pisses everyone else off :)