Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Crazy Week

I apologize for not posting a lot lately. I've had a pretty hectic schedule, but it's all suddenly clearing up, right on schedule.

Today I finally finished my English thesis paper. (More on that later). With that out of the way, I don't have any more thesis papers until 2011, since both English and Government will be in the second semester of my senior year.

Tomorrow, I have states for tennis. Since the team won more than 8 matches (we were 13-3), all 10 of us on varsity get to go to Yale, where they have 20 nice courts, to play. As a 4 singles player, I have to win a play-in match just to enter the regular tournament; I know nothing about my opponent. If I win that match, though, my first opponent would be the #1 player from Waterford. Even though I'm doomed, it should be a lot of fun.

On Friday, I leave for the AMRL national math competition at Penn State. It's one of my favorite events of the year: three days of hanging out with some of the smartest people in Connecticut, doing math, and having fun. I unfortunately won't be able to post from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon, but with any luck I'll have a few automatic posts.

Then everything really frees up. Barely any homework, just studying a bit for finals, and lots of free time. Lots of building and flying and sciencing (science is a verb now...) and posting to follow; I hope for June to be the first month since February that I post an average of more than once per day.

1 comment:

reallivenerd said...

Hey again! I know it's been a while... and my blogging's been awfully slow lately too, which says a whole lot more than "<1 per day". Anyway.

I'm so disappointed I can't go to ARML this year! Our senior prom is 7 pm on June 5th; EXACTLY the wrong day. If it was June 4th I'd drive up late, if it was June 6th I'd make sure I left really early. Oh well. If you have a smartphone, you should pseudo-liveblog every few hours or so when you get time off! Otherwise, I hope to hear lots about it when you get back.

Also, I expect you to be the first one in the lunch line this year. Pro tip: Find Jeff Schumacher, and run with him ;-)

Good luck, have fun, and may the schwartz be with you.