Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fifteenth Match

I know, I know, enough with the tennis posts already! This was the next-to-last match, though, so tennis posts are almost done for the next 10 months.

Today was against Lyman. They're in a smaller division than us and not terribly good, but they still put up a fight. Our #2 singles out was out sick, so I moved up to 3 singles and a freshman, Jason, played 4 singles. He's decent but not quite ready for singles, and he unfortunately lost.

I played a pretty tough kid at #3 singles. He had a fast, accurate serve and lots of sidespin on his shots. I once again found myself down 3-0 within minutes. And then I just started playing better - returning his serves, nullifying his spin, getting him frustrated. I won 5 games in a row, putting me up 5-3, and won the set 6-4. The next set, he was frustrated and did not play well; I won that set 6-0.

The team won 5-2. Team is 12-3; I am 11-3 on singles. Last match is Monday.

No comments: