Thursday, May 13, 2010

Eleventh and Twelfth Matches

...And thus ends a very disappointing week of tennis.

Monday was Waterford, one of the best teams in the league. I played against a guy with a nasty slice (sidespin + topspin) in swirly winds. And he was a total jackass - pushing me back with fast first serves, then trying to drop second serves in before I could run up. It's illegal to serve your second until your opponent is ready, which in my case means giving me time to move in. I lost 1-6 3-6; team lost 1-6. Only Rahul won with a looooong match - 3 sets - on first singles.

Today was New London, who we beat earlier in the season. They were missing a few guys who were on a band trip, so they only had 9 guys for 10 varsity slots. Guess who wins by forfeit? Yep, me. Everyone won except for 3 singles (ironically playing the guy I beat earlier). Team is now 9-3; I'm 8-3 on doubles and 8-4 overall.

Next week is 4 easy matches. I hope to win in all of them.

No comments: