Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Viper IV building part IV

I've finally managed to get the motor mount almost complete. It took quite a bit of balsa to get the 4-tube cluster to fit exactly inside the 2.56" coupler, but that turned out to be the hardest part.

After that, I just stuffed tissue paper down into the cracks and covered that with wood glue, creating a hard stuffing that won't let ejection charge gasses leak past. Finally, I covered the end with wood filler for smoothness, and that's currently drying. Pictures will come, eventually.

Hopefully, I'll get a lot done tomorrow. We're supposed to get up to a foot of snow, and school got canceled at 8:40 pm. That's only the second time in the last decade that it's gotten closed the night before, and as I write this just before midnight it hasn't even started snowing yet!

No comments: