Thursday, October 29, 2009

A New Era Begins



Ares 1-X
Height: 322 ft
Liftoff Weight: 1800000 lb

At roughly 800000 pounds of APCP, at typical White Lightning energy density of ~400 Ns per pounds, that's roughly 320 000 000 Ns, or somewhere in the high AB to low AC impulse range.

This represents one of the first major steps back to the moon. Congratulations to NASA for a picture-perfect launch.

By the time the first second-generation lunar landings come in 2019 or 2020, I will be out of grad school, hopefully with a degree in Aerospace Engineering. I could be there.

3 comments:

tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

The EGE said...

Thanks for dropping by!

DTH Rocket said...

I'm in the same boat. I feel like I'm entering the world at a good time for aerospace engineers!