Saturday, January 24, 2009

Today

Stayed up till 2 having discussions on Facebook about religion, friends, and other stuff I don't even remember. Got up too early.

We drove up to Massachusetts to see my sister at college. It only took 2 hours, 15 minutes, a record for us but a lot slower than the 5:36 it takes in an F16. We went shopping, mostly for her, but I had a few things as well. At Staples I stuck out completely, but I got a 6V lantern battery, miniature digital camera, and Krazy glue at Target for a total of 30 bucks. More details next post.
We went out to dinner along with a friend of hers at a place called Not Your Average Joes. Pretty good.

I finished 2 books: Arctic Drift by Clive and Dirk Cussler and Fulcrum, an autobiography of Alexander Zuyev, a Soviet pilot who flew his MiG-29 to Turkey in 1989 in an attempt to provide the West with the most advanced Soviet fighter of the time. Turkey returned the fighter and its missiles to the USSR, but his knowledge and pilot manuals gave the US an edge in the Persian Gulf War. Arctic Drift is another great Dirk Pitt adventure novel.

No comments: